Tuesday 5 October 2010

100 years of Disney

Next week marks the 100th anniversary of Walt Disney and it has got me thinking about my favourite characters that he has so cleverly adapted over the years. What instantly springs to mind is the memory of me being a child again, sitting crossed legged in front of the telly, eyes transfixed on the magic carpet, or the swirly world (and red hair) Aerial hates living in, but that I always wanted to. I adore all things Disney- Disney World, Disney films, Disney memorabilia- it really is escapism and nostalgia at its best, mixed into a colourful animated world. I have hundreds of favourite characters from the classics but here are just a few that come at the top of the list. 


What is your favourite Disney film?




"Look at this trove, treasures untold..."


       "Where the lazy daisies love the very peaceful life they lead..."



"Have you ever heard the wolf cry to the blue corn moon?"


"I won't grow up, I won't grow up."


"You'll be in my heart..."


"...'cos a cat's the only cat who knows where it's at!"


 "No one to tell us no, or where to go..."


"Tale as old as time, true as it can be..."


 "I know you, I walked with you once upon a dream..."


"Stands out to be Minnie Mouse dressed in blue."





WONDER FULL

No comments:

Post a Comment