Wednesday 8 September 2010

This week, I have been...

This week I have been reading In Cold Blood by Truman Capote...


Wow, what a compelling read. It can only be described as devastatingly brutal, exceptionally well written and both beautifully and poignantly descriptive. Absolute genius.




...Eating red meat and drinking red wine...


I know, I know- it sounds like a heart attack waiting to happen but the leftover sirloin proved to be too tempting every time I opened the fridge. The perfect accompaniment to a glass of fruity redness. I hadn't drank it often whilst away on holiday, as it was all about the cocktails, but since I've been back in English terrain I feel it is the best (almost wintery) treat.
And when a kitchen disaster turned into stew- homely, filling, bubbling deliciousness, I also couldn't resist a bowful (or two) of that, to warm me up.


What do you like to drink on a rainy day?


... Watching old Friends episodes...
These never get old and when the weather outside is all doom and gloom, wrapped in a duvet with a cup of tea and the dog, watching the gang get up to their old tricks is what you want to be doing.


What re-runs do you like to watch?


...Listening to Stereo Love by Edward Maya & Vika Jigulina...


Although not everyone's cup of tea, I love this summer tune with it's dancy and repetetive beat. Eveytime I hear it, I just want to be back in a foregin climate to dance the night away...


What was your song of Summer 2010?


 ...Wearing floral dresses and flip-flops...


Yes, it's been raining and yes, I have been curled up on the setee for what seems most of it, but this week I have vowed not to wear jeans, a jacket or boots.. it's not winter just yet. All the more excuse to show off my tan before it begins to fade before my very eyes!


And finally... learning how to use the SLR camera...


I have been driving everyone mad with the shutter clicking and flashing lights of the camera every second trying to get a good shot of everything in the house. I have had little success, but with a Dad who's obsessed with all things digital, I'm sure it will be no time before I start to learn the art of great photography.




Stay tuned for more pictures coming soon...








WONDER FULL

1 comment:

  1. I've been reading In Cold Blood too, only on and off though because it keeps giving me nightmares which I suffer from anyway hah!! It is excellant though, thought about what you want to do your investigative journalism piece about?
    R x

    ReplyDelete