Thursday 25 August 2011

Trend sets for A/W '11: JIL SANDER & floral print


I am fast becoming a huge fan of Jil Sander's work and her catwalk collections- she always has me on Look 1. Going back to S/S '11, I adored the blocked colour floor-length skirts; so easy to wear, breezy, summery and colour was certainly back in moderate spurts for autumn. The 49 looks were constituted of clean lines, blocks of bright red and turquoise here and there and boxy shapes. There was an avoidance of overt detailing or overbearing design additions- quite simply a no frills, complete breath of fresh air, bar red lips and striped/clashing/knitted sleeves peeking out from underneath billowing capes. Then the shocking red floral print began to appear, like a flower coming into bloom, in the form of platformed footwear. They were straight on my wish list. It was then that the eye-catching floral print washed over the catwalk for just 6 looks- breaking up the collection with an element of fun- and spring- in the form of exaggerated collared loose-fitting dresses, (the bright blue and red is my favourite) a coat and cute jumpsuit which highlights the waist.

I enjoy the 60s vibe of the overall collection- entwined monochrome reminicent of dog-tooth check, Christmas jumpers, sleek beehive, ladylike glamour without being over the top- a creation of refined elegance, beautifully finished with a retro twist. The glossy hair complemented the straight cut of the trouser and the blocked leather platform boots gave an edgy feel to the prettiness that came from the swirly floral pattern. 

The 60s remains to be my favourite era and this collection has just reignited my adoration for that time, combined with the craftsmanship of the 21st Century. And florals for winter? It's exactly what we need to brighten up our days.







WONDER FULL

2 comments:

  1. It looks nice :)
    I like flower prints.

    http://monstrousstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Jill Sander collection, I also featured it on my Tumblr! great style!

    Vanessa xo

    http://thesweetlark.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete