Sunday 4 March 2012

My favourite looks from LFW

Choosing your favourite looks from such an amazing variety of collections is possibly one of the hardest things a person with an extreme love of fashion and design can do. I have done just that, meticulously skimming through each of the best, most exciting and personally most successful collections shown at London Fashion Week this season, to create a list of my favourite looks.

Some collections were simply let down on accessories- fur hats wouldn't be first on my list to be teamed with a gorgeous fitted dress a la Temperley and the clumpiness of the mustard boots at Matthew Williamson, you couldn't help but feel were letting down the overall finish of most looks. They are however, not omitted- they were nonetheless, fantastic collections. 

I continually love Erdem and Jonathan Saunders. It's the mixture of colours, design technique/concept and overall femininity that I adore from both designers. 
It was unbearable to pick just one look from Marios Schwab- his collection this season has been hyped and excessively adored; it was absolutely breathtaking, completely beautiful and oozed feminine, glamorous sexiness. Yes, all of those things.
Paul Smith shone once again with the most wonderful tailored jackets, gorgeous staples and workwear I would covet for a lifetime. 
Burberry literally gave me goosebumps. I loved the cute animal jumpers and the rain drenched finale. Who says umbrellas indoors is bad luck?
And Topshop Unique, which I liked for the first time this season, surprised me with embellished mini dresses, platform stiletto ankle boots and the most gorgeous selection of outerwear. 

That said, I love each and every one of these looks, resonating once again, that London really is the creative hub for fashion with the freshest ideas and which is why it is so  profusely celebrated twice a year. 

So there you go, here's my mini round up of London. I will be continue to post my picks from all fashion weeks, Chanel for example, which I am tremendously excited about. 
You never can tell what's next for Karl.

Until then, I would love to hear your thoughts on London Fashion Week. Did it exceed your expectations? In a good or bad way? Do you agree with my choices?


Fire away.


Look 3
 Richard Nicoll
 
Look 10
Erdem

Look 10
Osman

Look 20
Matthew Williamson

Look 20
Roksanda Ilincic

Look 4
Temperley London

Look 4
Michael van der Ham 

Look 7
Peter Pilotto

Look 10
Marios Schwab

Look 15
Jonathan Saunders

Look 15
Giles
Look 15
Holly Fulton

Look 16
Paul Smith

 Look 16
Burberry Prorsum

Look 17
Christopher Kane

Look 18
Nicole Farhi

Look 20
David Koma

Look 21
Moschino Cheap & Chic

Look 26
Topshop Unique

Look 28
House of Holland

Look 29
Antonio Beradi

Look 29
McQ





WONDER FULL 

No comments:

Post a Comment