Sunday 12 December 2010

The Best Holiday ever



I recently watched The Holiday, which is one of my favourite films, as it never fails to make me smile. It began to spark off my excitement for Christmas and reminded me of how touching and amazingly written the dialogue is. Such a feel good film, it is hillarious to watch and literally makes you laugh out loud all the way through. Such genius.


Some memorable quotes include:


'It's Christmas Eve and we are going to go celebrate being young and being alive!' - Miles


'You know Graham, I just broke up with someone and considering you just showed up and you're insanely good-looking and probably won't remember me anyway... I'm thinking we should have sex... If you want.' -Amanda. 'Is that a trick question?'- Graham


'Iris, if you were a melody... I used only the good notes.' - Miles


'Don't blow away.' - Iris


'Okay, sorry about that. Boob graze. Accidental boob graze.' - Miles


'I have a cow and I sew. How's that for "hard to relate to"?' - Graham




Plus, the cast is perfect- Kate Winslet is the classic English Rose beauty and Cameron Diaz, the ultimate Californian Girl. As for the males- Jack Black is a comedy genius who really shows a certain sweetness to the male side, alongside the sexy smugness Jude Law brings on screen. Those glasses. That smile. Oh, wow.


It really is the best combination of comedy, Christmas and of course love. It is emotional and makes you feel all warm and fuzzy- everything needed in a chick flick come festive film. And the added bonus- it completely made me forget about my hangover and was the perfect cure for a cold, dull Wednesday morning.











Amongst the romantic encounters, reckless driving and gas-sniffing, my favourite scenes by far include Cameron's character Amanda's sudden rock out to The Killers' dance floor filler, Mr. Brightside and the poignantly warming ending with New Year's Eve in the country- all glasses of Champagne, canapes, party dresses and dancing around the living-room.

Utterly perfect.



Other favourite romantic comedies of mine you must watch this Christmas include:









WONDER FULL

No comments:

Post a Comment